Arrival & Dismissal Procedures: Hello Kahoa Families,
Arrival: Our day begins at 9:00 am, with the first bell ringing at 8:55. The doors open at 8:50 at which time adult supervision begins. For that reason, we ask that students not arrive prior to 8:50. Students coming for breakfast should come to the front doors no earlier than 8:25. Breakfast begins at 8:30. If your student is late to school please have them enter through the front door and stop in the office before continuing to their classroom.
Dismissal: Our school day ends at 3:38. Students will be dismissed out the same door that they entered at the beginning of the day. Please be sure to complete and return the Before/After School Plan form for your student(s) that will be available at Open House or upon registering your student at Kahoa.
Staff meets in Professional Learning Communities or PLCs on the last Tuesday of each month and students are dismissed from school at 2:18. Students who are still waiting for their families after dismissal will be brought back to the school office. Families should come into the office and sign out their student from the office in these instances.
Arrival and Dismissal Doors by Grade Level:
Kindergarten – by the front main office (door #2);
Grade One – by the front main office (door #1);
Grade Two – on the south side of the building off of Leighton Ave (door #17);
Grade Three – on the east side of the playground (door # 10); ** Students in portable classrooms line up outside portable door.
Grade Four – on the northwest side of the building (door # 7);
Fifth Grade – on the northeast corner of the new addition (door # 9).
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures:
At Kahoa School we believe that all students should have a safe learning environment. This includes following a few safety procedures during arrival and dismissal:
1) During the arrival (8:30-9:00 a.m.) and dismissal (3:00-3:45 p.m.) times of the school day, we ask that parents/guardians not park and leave their cars unattended in the drop-off/pick up lane in front of the school building. It is important to keep the traffic flow moving by adults staying with their vehicles and students only entering/exiting on the passenger side.
2) Please do not double park when dropping off or picking up students in the front drop off lane or any sidewalk cutout areas around the school.
3) Please exit the drop-off /pick up lane by taking a right onto North 76th Street.
4) When approaching the school on Leighton Ave. from the west, please do not cross lanes to pull into the cut out area on the southeast side of the building OR allow your student to exit your vehicle on Leighton Ave. and cross in the middle of the street.
5) The cut-out area on the southeast side of the building will now be reserved for daycare provider vans and LPS school buses ONLY.
6) Third through fifth-grade families are encouraged to use the long cut out area on Willard Ave to drop off and pick up their students. Students can make their way to and from their designated door by crossing the playground entrance points on Willard Ave.